Self-confidence is one of the hardest things in high school for many teens to deal with because they feel insecure about themselves.
Self-confidence is a feeling of trust in one’s abilities, qualities, and judgement. Confidence can be a self-fulling prophecy, as those with it may feel very positive about themselves and always in a good mood, while those who do not have it may feel bad about themselves.
Depression can be a symptom of a lack of self-confidence , Depression can cause people to feel down , helpless, and all alone ,depression can be cured with treatment . If someone has depression , he\she can attend a support group to help boost their confidence.
“ I feel very confident about myself ; I do not care what others think about me”, sophomore , Jaden Adams said.
Some tips for gaining self-confidence are listed below:
- Educate yourself on the things that you are not comfortable about.
- Learn about you lack confidence in.
- Challenge your beliefs about yourself.
- Believe in yourself.
- Get outside your comfort zone.
- Have gratitude about yourself.
- Talk to yourself in a mirror .
- Be honest with yourself.
- Face your fears.
- Remove negative thoughts about yourself.
- Listen to music.
- Write how you feel in a journal daily.
- Embrace your superstitions.
- Become your own cheerleader.
- Cherish compliments.
- Never be afraid to talk to the upperclassmen.